Inspiring, developing and preparing women leaders of the future
Today, more and more women are taking up positions of power, playing important roles in building and shaping different aspects of the society globally. Qatar is no different – women hold some of the most influential and key leadership roles in the government and private sectors here. To get to such positions, a strong education is one of the key pillars when it comes to women empowerment.
Keeping this in mind and in support of Qatar’s 2030 National Vision, City University College (CUC) in partnership with Ulster University (UK) is launching a unique MBA for Women in Leadership. Let’s learn more about their programme below.
What is Women in Leadership MBA?
The Women in Leadership MBA is a two-year, part-time Masters programme that is designed to inspire and empower women in leadership. Richard Hollywood, Executive Dean at CUC, wanted to create something different to other traditional MBAs, after noting that the Qatar 2nd National Development Strategy (2018-2022) had expressed ‘a need to empower women to become economically self-reliant and increase their participation in the labour market and in entrepreneurship ‘. Richard felt Ulster University’s MBA would be the right platform to create a dedicated programme designed to enable new and emerging women leaders to learn cutting-edge business and leadership insight.
Former recipient of the Qatar International Woman of the Year for Business and CEO of Artan Holding, Natra Abdulla said “We are seeing an increasing number of women occupying prominent leadership roles across the globe, but according to the World Economic Forum (2020), the overall number of women in top business roles is still painfully low. It is therefore important that we continue to provide high-quality training and education that helps to create opportunities for women to succeed in both their business and personal lives. This exciting new programme aims to serve a blend of both academic and professional learning to help you explore new insights and experiences and help manage the challenges you may face in getting to where you want to be”.
What will the students gain out of this?
Right here in Qatar, students will gain an internationally recognized Master of Business Administration (MBA) qualification from Ulster University (UK). The MBA will enable aspiring women leaders to complete a personalized, self-development programme designed and delivered by City University College (CUC), Ulster University, and The Institute of One World Leadership.
Along with gaining an MBA qualification, all students will become fellows of the Institute of One World Leadership.
When does the programme start?
The Women in Leadership MBA is set to start in September 2021 and will be delivered from CUC’s new Postgraduate Centre at Palm Towers in West Bay, Doha. Applications are in progress. Register today!
Why should you be joining this programme?
There are many advantages to joining this programme, some of which are that you will:
- Be part of a like-minded professional group of women committed to furthering their careers.
- Be introduced to and access international and local inspirational speakers.
- Have your own personal leadership coach.
- Link up with an international network of women leadership organizations.
- Become a Fellow of the Institute of One World Leadership* and access their extensive resources.
- Have the opportunity to travel to the UK to study (additional cost).
- Get an MBA qualification awarded by leading a leading UK University.
*upon successful completion of the Positive Value Leadership Capstone Modules
What are the requirements to join?
- IELTS 6.0 with no less than 5.5 in any one band or equivalent such as the Ulster University Password English Placement Test
- 2.2 Honours or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years work experience
- Phone: +974 4019 8198
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: @CUCQatar
- Website: https://cuc-ulster.edu.qa/women-in-leadership-mba/