BTEC HND in Business
Join the world of business and be enthused by some influential industry minds!
You will take 15 units (240 credits) to gain your diploma over the course of two to three years of study: 120 credits, 8 units in Level 4 (15 credits each unit) and 120 credits, 7 units in Level 5 (one 30-credit unit, and six 15-credit units).
Extra support modules customised to your needs might be added to the units.
- Business and the Business Environment: 15 credits
- Marketing Processes and Planning: 15 credits
- Human Resource Management: 15 credits
- Leadership and Management: 15 credits
- Accounting Principles: 15 credits
- Managing a Successful Business Project: 15 credits
- Business Law: 15 credits
- Innovation and Commercialisation: 15 credits
- Research Project: 15 credits
- Organisational Behaviour: 15 credits
- Management Accounting: 15 credits
- Principles of Operations Management: 15 credits
- Launching a New Venture: 15 credits
- Strategic Human Resource Management: 15 credits
- Marketing Insights and Analytics: 15 credits
Once you have completed the course, you can choose to move directly to the workplace where you can undertake a job role as a Systems Analyst, Data Designer, Systems Tester, Database Administrator, IT Project Manager, IT Support Technician, or Web Designer.
BTEC graduates possess a combination of knowledge and skills attractive to employers worldwide.
At the same time the BTEC Higher National Qualifications are intended to keep doors open for future study should you wish to progress further in your education. You can gain a BSc. (Hons) Computing Technologies Technologies degree awarded by our partner Ulster University Qatar, or choose to transfer to various other universities around the UK and worldwide.
On successful completion of the Level 5 Higher National Diploma, students can develop their careers in the computing sector through:
- Entering employment
- Continuing existing employment
- Gaining vendor certification
- Committing to Continuing professional development (CPD), or progressing to university.