BTEC HND in Computing & Application Development
You will take 15 units (240 credits) to gain your diploma over the course of two to three years of study: 120 credits, 8 units in Level 4 (15 credits each unit) and 120 credits, 7 units in Level 5 (one 30-credit unit, and six 15-credit units).
Extra support modules customised to your needs might be added to the units.
- Website Design & Development*
- Professional Practice
- Managing a Successful Computing Project
- Database Design & Development •Strategic Information Systems*
- Computing Research Project*
- Operating Systems*
- Computing Intelligence
- Systems Analysis and Design*
- Application Program Interfaces
- Application Development
* Non-core modules You need to take 2 of the 3 non-core modules above.
Once you have completed the course, you can choose to move directly to the workplace where you can undertake a job role as a Systems Analyst, Data Designer, Systems Tester, Database Administrator, IT Project Manager, IT Support Technician, or Web Designer.
BTEC graduates possess a combination of knowledge and skills attractive to employers worldwide.
At the same time the BTEC Higher National Qualifications are intended to keep doors open for future study should you wish to progress further in your education.
On successful completion of the Level 5 Higher National Diploma, students can develop their careers in the computing sector through:
- Entering employment;
- Continuing existing employment;
- Gaining vendor certification;
- Committing to Continuing professional development (CPD);
Or progressing to university.