Business with Computing - BSc (Hons)
An interdisciplinary degree designed to equip you with business and technical skills required for a changing world
BSc (Hons) Business Studies with Computing offers you the opportunity to take Business as a major subject with Computing as a minor subject. By studying Business as a major you will develop skills in business and management functions, for example finance, marketing, supply chain management, leadership and organisational behaviour. By studying Computing as a minor, you will develop skills on managing a business’s computer hardware, network operations and cybersecurity.
If you are interested in developing a career in business where analysing, developing and securing the business operating networking systems is a component, then BSc (Hons) Business Studies with Computing is the course for you. The Computing minor has a particular focus on computer hardware and network operations and cyber security.
The BSc (Hons) Business Studies with Computing is offered in full-time mode only and the duration of the course is 3 years or 4 years (with an International Foundation Diploma). The course is modular in design with students undertaking 18 modules in total to obtain the Hons degree. For the main Bachelor’s Degree, students will study 3 modules per semester, with each module worth 20 credits (total 360 credits).
If you have completed 12 years of high school (Grade 12 / Thanawiyah) you will successfully complete the International Foundation Programme before progressing to year one of BSc (Hons) Business Studies with Computing.
- Principles of Management
- Academic and Career Enhancement Skills
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Principles of Economics
- Principles of Marketing
- Computer Hardware and Operating Systems
- Finance for Decision-Making
- Professional Skills Development
- Internet Technologies
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Computer Networks & Security
- Organisational behaviour
Year 3 (Final Year)
- Entrepreneurship and innovation
- Business Intelligence
- Global Business Environment
- Research Methods for Business
- Leadership and Strategy
- Network Operating Systems
If you have completed 12 years of education, you can join this degree by completing a Foundation Year, which will be considered as Year 0.
For entry at Year 1
The general entry requirements identify the minimum qualifications needed for application to our undergraduate courses. Competence in written and spoken English is a general entrance requirement for entry to all courses, with some courses also requiring specific grades for mathematics.
Entry point: Foundation
(if taken as a separate Foundation Programme)
- Be 18 years old or over upon completion of the International Foundation Programme.
- Successful completion of high school with the equivalent of completing the General Secondary Education Certificate or Qatar Senior School Certificate with a minimum of 50% in 5 subjects.
- Attain the equivalent of a minimum grade C, at GCSE level, in 5 subjects
- Attain an Academic IELTS overall score of 5.0 or equivalent (with no contributing band score of less than 5.0).
- Other international qualifications will be considered on merit for equivalency with the above requirements.
Entry point: Year 1
- Completion of 13 years of education to include successful completion of General Secondary Education Certificate or Qatar Senior School Certificate to include 50% or above in Mathematics.
—————————- AND —————————-
- Three A Levels Grade C, C, C or IB Certificate (minimum 24 points, with at least 12 points at higher level) or Pearson BTEC Level 3 at Extended Diploma level (MMM profile).
—————————- AND —————————-
- Academic IELTS overall score of 6.0 or equivalent (with no contributing band score of less than 5.5).
- Successful completion of Ulster’s International Foundation Programme.
Other international qualifications will be considered on merit for equivalency with the above requirements.
If you do not meet the entry requirements, CUC will provide you with a support programme that will help you improve your English level and your academic skills.