Computer Science - BSc (Hons)
According to the World Economic Forum Report ‘Future of Jobs’ (2020), jobs within the computing and information technology sectors are becoming the most in demand for businesses.
After you complete this course you will have the skills necessary to pursue a career in computing in a wide range of commercial and industrial organisations.
As a graduate with skills in Computer Science, you will have many career opportunities in a wide range of commercial and industrial organisations developing new software, as data scientist/analyst, project managers, systems analysts in planning and technical management, or information management and database environments. You may also work in marketing and sales or as a consultant.
Average salaries are often higher than those of other graduates and there are also opportunities for postgraduate study in computing, software development, artificial intelligence, IoT or a related area.
With this degree students could become:
– Automated Test Engineer
– IT Analyst
– Software Developer
– Technology Consultant
– Web Developer
– Technical Support Engineer
The BSc (Hons) Computer Science is offered in full-time mode only and the duration of the course is 3 years or 4 years (with an International Foundation Diploma). The course is modular in design with students undertaking 18 modules in total to obtain the Hons degree. For the main Bachelor’s Degree, students will study 3 modules per semester, with each module worth 20 credits (total 360 credits).
If you have completed 12 years of high school (Grade 12 / Thanawiyah) you will successfully complete the International Foundation Programme before progressing to year one of BSc (Hons) Computer Science.
- Mathematics for Computing
- Software Development I
- Software Development II
- Database Systems
- Computer Hardware and Operating Systems
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Computer Networks & Security
- Object-oriented Programming
- Algorithms and Data Structures
- Web Application Development
- Mobile Application Development
- Professional Development (Optional if taking 3rd year as Work Experience)
- Final Year Project
- Cybersecurity (optional)
- Concurrent and Distributed Systems (optional)
- Enterprise Computing (optional)
- Network Operating Systems (optional)
- Advanced Mobile Technology (optional)
- Intelligent Robotics (optional)
- Computer Vision (optional)
- Mixed Reality (optional)
If you have completed 12 years of education, you can join this degree by completing a Foundation Year, which will be considered as Year 0.
For entry at Year 1
As per Ulster University guidelines, you must satisfy one of the below:
- Completion of 13 years of education to include successful completion of General Secondary Education Certificate or Qatar Senior School Certificate to include 50% or above in Mathematics
- Three A Level’s Grade ABB
- International Baccalaureate: Overall International Baccalaureate Diploma requirement for this course is a minimum of 27 points to include 13 at Higher Level to include Grade 5 in HL Mathematics. Grade 4 in English Language also required in overall profile
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 at Extended Diploma level (MMM profile)
- Academic IELTS overall score of 6.0 (with no contributing band score of less than 5.5).
- Successful completion of Ulster’s International Foundation Programme.
- Other international qualifications will be considered on merit for equivalency with the above requirements.
If you do not meet the entry requirements, CUC will provide you with a support programme that will help you improve your English level and your academic skills.