Executive Assistant/Receptionist plays a key role in contributing to the efficient management and operation of the Executive Dean's office in the provision of a range of administrative, governance and systems support to the Dean, members of the senior leadership team and the academic affairs. The role includes managing the day-to-day running of the institution within tight timescales and in a fast-paced environment.
The Executive Assistant/Receptionist works with discretion and confidentiality and is the first point of contact for monitoring communications and workflow to and from the office, coordinating meetings and appointments, document management, and preparation of information and correspondence.
The Executive Assistant acts as an ambassador, presenting a professional, warm, positive and welcoming presence, and will engage with the wider Institution community in a manner that brings credit to the Institution and to the office of the Executive Dean.
The Executive Assistant role requires an individual who can act on their own initiative, work independently and essentially embody the ethos, core principles and values of CUC while maintaining focus during challenging periods. CUC has a set of 6 core values, which all employees are expected to demonstrate and promote:
Everyone recognizes that they are all individually accountable but collectively responsible for the success of CUC and
its students. As such:
- We always place learning and the learner first
- We recognise, deliver and reward excellence
- We encourage and value creativity and innovation
- We respect and support each other
- We challenge, inspire and motivate
- We always deliver the very best we can
- Executive Dean
- Dean of Academic Affairs
- Students, parents, guardians, families, etc.
- City University College employees
- Artan Holding group employees and stakeholders
- Ulster University employees
- Employers and Organisations
- Ministry of Education and Higher Education
As Executive Assistant / Receptionist:
- Operate switchboard, receiving and transferring telephone calls, announcing callers, taking brief messages and forwarding by e-mail system.
- Greet visitors at reception, ensure they sign the visitors’ book, inform the relevant member of staff of their arrival and issue identity badges.
- Deal with incoming and outgoing post and emails.
- Monitor and ensure that the reception area is kept clean and tidy.
- Check and sign for deliveries and inform the relevant member of staff.
- Maintain and update as necessary staff contact and telephone extension lists.
- Arrange couriers and taxis as required.
- Provide administrative and general support to the Head of ELT, Executive Dean, SI-UK and teaching staff as necessary.
- To administer the collection of monies from parents and students
- confident in working autonomously and in a team setting to produce quality outcomes
- clear sense of initiative and personal accountability
- exemplary interpersonal skills including negotiation, influencing, conflict resolution and active listening
- high level written and verbal communication skills including attention to detail and accuracy
- high level problem solving skills
- excellent planning and organisational skills
- effective time management skills and ability to prioritise workload efficiently
- confidence in providing information to students, parents, staff and the general public
- confidence in assisting leadership staff and in managing sensitive information
- proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- proficient in organising and coordinating meetings and events
- genuine interest in the Institution, students and families within the Institution Community.
As Administrative support:
- Typing, printing and photocopying letters, reports and other documents
- Maintain office supplies for staff and order new supplies as needed.
- Liaise with the Ministry of Education and Higher Education in liaison with the Executive Dean
As Administrative support to the Executive Dean:
- Provide an administrative support service to the Executive Dean including managing diary commitments, supporting workload management and prioritisation; forward planning of activities; the co-ordination and arrangement of internal and external appointments and ensuring deadlines are anticipated and managed
- Manage and prioritise all forms of incoming correspondence and communications, ensuring a timely and professional response.
- Assist with the management of all internal and external relations, providing proactive contact and communications management and ensure that strong professional relationships, partnerships and
networks are built and maintained.
- Schedule and organise meetings as required, both virtual and in-person.
- Keep regular communication with staff to ensure they are informed of key dates, deadlines, forward planning and decisions.
- Provide administrative support for strategic projects, seeing them through to completion.
- Occasionally provide logistical support, e.g. planning travel
- The ability to read and speak Arabic
- A confident telephone manner.
- An organized and methodical approach to work.
- Ability to prioritize and plan tasks.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Good administrative skills.
- Computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- The ability to work under pressure and prioritize tasks.
- Confidence in working with figures.
- The ability to work well with students, teachers and parents.
- Strong interpersonal and Customer Service skills.
- A patient and flexible attitude.
- Ability to both work independently and work as a member of a team in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality as required
- A High Institution leaving certificate or equivalent is required.
- A Certificate, Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Business Studies, Commerce or other relevant discipline is preferred
- An International Computer Driving License (ICDL) would be an advantage
- A minimum of two years’ experience working as a receptionist or in office administration is required.
- Experience of working in an educational or training environment is preferred.