Business Analytics - BSc (Hons)
Future-proof your career in the dynamic world of global business!
BSc (Hons) Business Analytics offers you a strong foundation in business and technology modules. You will develop skills in analytics, software development and utilisation, data management, internet technologies, digital marketing, financial analytics, and project management. If you are interested in seeking knowledge on how data and information are analysed using software technology to improve business activities, then BSc (Hons) Business Analytics is particularly suited to you. The course will equip you with the analytical, technology and leadership skills that will future-proof your career in the dynamic world of global business. You will gain experience of software tools such as Excel, SAGE, Power BI and Tableau.
BSc (Hons) Business Analytics offers great employment opportunities, particularly in the technology, professional services, manufacturing and public sectors. The course provides you with the transferable and technical skills attractive to employers in the ever-changing world of work.
The BSc (Hons) Business Analytics is offered in full-time mode only and the duration of the course is 3 years or 4 years (with an International Foundation Diploma). The course is modular in design with students undertaking 18 modules in total to obtain the Hons degree. For the main Bachelor’s Degree, students will study 3 modules per semester, with each module worth 20 credits (total 360 credits).
If you have completed 12 years of high school (Grade 12 / Thanawiyah) you must successfully complete the International Foundation Programme before progressing to year one of BSc (Hons) Business Analytics.
- Principles of Management
- Academic and Career Enhancement Skills
- Software Development
- Database Systems
- Principles of Marketing
- Accounting Information Systems
- Finance for Decision-Making
- Professional Skills Development
- Internet Technologies
- Project Management
- Management Information Systems
- Data Analytics for Business
Year 3 (Final Year)
- Digital Strategy and Communications
- Econometrics and Financial Analytics
- Leadership and Strategy
- Marketing Metrics
- Advanced Data Analytics for Business
- Business Intelligence
If you have completed 12 years of education, you can join this degree by completing a Foundation Year, which will be considered as Year 0.
For entry at Year 1
The general entry requirements identify the minimum qualifications needed for application to our undergraduate courses. Competence in written and spoken English is a general entrance requirement for entry to all courses, with some courses also requiring specific grades for mathematics.
Entry point: Foundation
(if taken as a separate Foundation Programme)
- Be 18 years old or over upon completion of the International Foundation Programme.
- Successful completion of high school with the equivalent of completing the General Secondary Education Certificate or Qatar Senior School Certificate with a minimum of 50% in 5 subjects.
- Attain the equivalent of a minimum grade C, at GCSE level, in 5 subjects
- Attain an Academic IELTS overall score of 5.0 or equivalent (with no contributing band score of less than 5.0).
- Other international qualifications will be considered on merit for equivalency with the above requirements.
Entry point: Year 1
- Completion of 13 years of education to include successful completion of General Secondary Education Certificate or Qatar Senior School Certificate to include 50% or above in Mathematics.
—————————- AND —————————-
- Three A Levels Grade C, C, C or IB Certificate (minimum 24 points, with at least 12 points at higher level) or Pearson BTEC Level 3 at Extended Diploma level (MMM profile).
—————————- AND —————————-
- Academic IELTS overall score of 6.0 or equivalent (with no contributing band score of less than 5.5).
- Successful completion of Ulster’s International Foundation Programme.
Other international qualifications will be considered on merit for equivalency with the above requirements.
If you do not meet the entry requirements, CUC will provide you with a support programme that will help you improve your English level and your academic skills.